Naruto Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

May the Chibi be with you.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nakashima Kuroda
Admin
Nakashima Kuroda

Number of posts : 18267
Registration date : 2009-08-22

May the Chibi be with you. Empty
PostSubject: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:02 am

A little girl, eight years old, was walking around Konoha, watching the clouds go by. She let out a little sigh as the wind ruffled her ever-messy brown har, the shade of milk chocolate. She was following a butterfly go by and then bumped into someone.

==============
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:47 am

Midori had been quietly walking the streets of Konoha ever since her return, though she knew she had to see the Hokage sooner or later but she had decided to enjoy her return, ninja wasn't paying attention herself as she looked up at a nearby building, however first a butterfly floating past caught her attention, then she felt a soft thump as something small stumbled directly into her.

The woman lowered her head to look down at the child that had run into her, as the evidence went that butterfly had been her intended target but now the girl was faced with the obstacle of the lady sword-wielder, Midori,
"Easy there.." She spoke in a remarkably calm fashion, lowering herself so that she was on one knee and more on level with the girl,
"Are you okay?" The woman asked, in spite of her appearance she smiled quite gently, completely betraying her hardened appearance.
Back to top Go down
Nakashima Kuroda
Admin
Nakashima Kuroda

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:55 am

Naka blinked and looked around. "The butterfly went away...oh..." She blinked again and smiled up to the woman before her. "I'm alright...um...hello." She jurt realised she was daydreaming again. In the open. "Oops...sorry I was spacing out. Hi, I'm Nakamura Kuroda. But you can call me Toshi or Naka," she said, in that childish-innocence most little girls had.

==============
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:22 am

Midori reached her single hand out, placing it on Naka's head for a moment and smiling a little wider, she was a polite child at least, which was certainly worth something,
"Pleased to meet you, Naka," she replied, standing once more and brushing the knee level of her haori for a moment, before settling on looking at the child again, "I am Haruno Midori and you can call me Midori," the woman added, placing her hand on her hip,
"So, spacing out huh..? I never had a lot of time for that when I was your age," Midori teased slightly, a smirk on her face as she stared down on the child with her single gleaming eye, "Do it a little less and you wont be prone into running people anymore.. But then that ruins the fun of a chance encounter, so I dont think I can reprimand you for it either.."
Back to top Go down
Nakashima Kuroda
Admin
Nakashima Kuroda

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:34 am

"Ah, but if I grow to be an adult, I'll be serious and mature and all about career, family and stuff. My childhood is when I can pretend that nothing is wrong. That's impossible in real life, but it's fun to pretend. Gah, sorry, I was rambling, hee hee," she said, blushing. "Haruno? As in Sakura Haruno?"

==============
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:51 am

"Dont always be in a rush to grow up though, at least not in here," Midori replied, pointing toward her own heart for a moment and smiling, "Sometimes pretending nothing is wrong will help you keep others feeling safe and secure, so long as you never blind yourself with such ideas."

Midori smiled when the girl apologized, she was an oddly smart young one though, to be able to speak of such things, though when she realized about Midori's family name she nodded,
"That is correct, Sakura is my younger sister," Midori confirmed, raising her brow slightly, "Why, do you know her?"
Back to top Go down
Nakashima Kuroda
Admin
Nakashima Kuroda

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:56 am

"Nothing is ever perfect, but when we see it in the right way, the fault may become a blessing in disguise," she said shrugging. Naka smiled and nodded. "I work with her sometimes at the hospital. I'm a medic nin just like her."

==============
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:17 am

"Medical ninja..?" Midori questioned with a slight frown, placing a hand to her chin as she looked down on the girl, then off to the distance for a moment, "That man said she'd been training under Tsunade.. Guess there's some truth out there after all.."

She looked at naka again, rolling her left shoulder calmly,
"So its true then, my little sis really is becoming a medical ninja.. Not what I would have expected but still.. It works, cant fault her considering Medical ninja gave me back my sight." She thought on it for a while rubbing her chin before resting her arm on her katana again,
"I am planning to go see her," She addressed Naka, staring at her again, "You're probably busy.. Day dreaming.. So I'll let you be, unless you'd like to come with me to see her?"
Back to top Go down
Nakashima Kuroda
Admin
Nakashima Kuroda

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:22 am

"I'll come," she said, nodding. "Maybe she has the poison I had her extract for me to use..." Naka mumbled to herself as she held onto one of Midori's sleeves as they walked.

==============
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:57 am

"You're a little young to be considering poison." Midori mentioned as she walked, she was glad the frayed right sleeve was free and empty,
"Try not to tug too hard there, Naka, I don't have a shoulder to secure that side of my haori," Midori added, adjusting her left arm slightly and smiling to herself as she carried on,
"So, how much about my sister do you know, Naka? Worked with her long? How is she?"
Back to top Go down
Nakashima Kuroda
Admin
Nakashima Kuroda

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:47 am

Naka hadn't noticed there wasn' an arm there and kept walking. She was pretty oblivious. "I've worked with her... For around two years," Naka replied. "She seems well. Trains everyday and definitely not the little girl she was once."

==============
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:05 am

"Well that's good.. Way my life goes I'll probably end up being looked after by her.. Typical really, and here I'm supposed to be the older sister," Midori chuckled to herself. She'd always known that Sakura was bright, Midori has spent a greater deal of time working on her physical abilities, unfortunately this was a necessity to make up for the physical damages to her body.

The woman turned her head to look down at Naka again,
"Wonder if she even speaks about me at all, I'm usually gone so much she doesn't get a lot of time to see me. If it isn't training its doing work for the Hokage, or fulfilling missions," Midori shrugged her left shoulder,
"Atleast she's growing up.. I had my concerns that she'd stay a prissy brat of a kid."
Back to top Go down
Nakashima Kuroda
Admin
Nakashima Kuroda

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:10 am

"Well, sometimes she does get a distant look in her eye when she looks at something green (midori : green), so she might not utter a single squeak about you, but she definitely remembers you," Naka said, smiling. Then noticed something. "What happened to your eye?"

==============
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:29 am

[Yes I know Midori means Green xP]

"Heh.. Well it'll be nice to see how much she's grown up.. I've been gone a long time but I did get some communications here or there, reports about how she's doing." Midori started, but then smiled a little,
"Which one?" She asked, it was a valid question considering she hadn't specified which one she had noticed. She turned to look forward again, "Though when I think about it, the damage to both was done by the same thing.."

The woman thought back to that day, the terror of seeing the Kyuubi whens he was a child, then what she thought was her last moments whens he looked up and saw shrapnel from a blast falling toward her,
"I was child when the nine-tailed demon attacked Konoha. During the battle I was accidentally hit by stray debris from an explosion," she started there, it was simple enough, "They couldnt save my left eye, the damage to the cavity was too great at the time." Midori shrugged to herself a moment but then chuckled, staring down at Naka again,
"As for the right eye, shrapnel from the debris had lanced it, I technically could have been blind for life, but they managed to fit an experimental Chakra lens in. So long as I passively send Chakra to it, the lens works as a replacement for my cornea, problem with it is it doesn't work like an iris, I have to lessen or increase the amount of Chakra I send into it depending on the lighting around me. On the upside I can see in the dark."

Midori thought back for a while, remembering what she'd said,
"Green things huh...? My eyes used to be green.."
Back to top Go down
Nakashima Kuroda
Admin
Nakashima Kuroda

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:20 am

"Mm-hm, I made it for him. You see, you connect the nerves from the previous eye to this mechanically and chemically altered artificial eye," Naka explained briefly. "You named it Sakura? What was it?" The little girl looked interested.

==============
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:34 am

"You made it..?" She asked, raising an eyebrow again as she looked at Naka, "That's pretty damn good, you're so young." Midori replied, looking down at her again, could she really have made something so complex?
"Though I'm guessing something like a replacement limb is pretty far off huh..?" She asked, though more as a rhetorical question.

She smirked when she asked about the Sakura technique shaking her head,
"Now that, I can't tell you.. Its a secret technique I developed on my own while I was out there, training. If I just tell you what it does, whats to stop you telling some-one else, hm? Cant have a secret weapon if it isn't a secret," Midori grinned at her, she would have winked, had she another eye left to keep open, "Besides that, I have yet to test it out in an actual battle.."
Back to top Go down
Nakashima Kuroda
Admin
Nakashima Kuroda

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:50 am

"Yeah, I made it. I experimented with artificial arms and legs. It's actually easier than the eye. You see, with the eye, the special light detectors are sensitive and needs lost of attention. But with limbs, the only hard part is assembling what length the muscles should be and where they need to be placed. The silicon can be infused with nerve endings to connect to the brain for a sense of touch. And bone can either be real, or metal," she said, shrugging. "It doesn't need much chakra, only enough to contract and relax the muscles."

"Ooh...! Gah, you're gonna make me combust with curiosity."

==============
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:27 am

Midori stared at her for a while, wondering about that and remembering the loss of her arm. There had always been times she wished she could have a new arm, but she had always believed it impossible, yet after she'd worked so hard to develop her life around one hand, the thought was tasteful to her.. Yet she also found that the appeal of having an arm again was a little lost in her heart.
Having to expend more of her precious Chakra to use a new arm when she was already capable.. She only smiled after a moment,

"Sorry kid, maybe I'll show you one day." She replied, furrowing her brows slightly, "The less an opponent can predict about what you do, the less chances they have to find out, the better a chance you will have against them. Not always, but its better to have every advantage in your hands.." She looked at her left hand and shrugged, chuckling, "Or hand.."
Back to top Go down
Nakashima Kuroda
Admin
Nakashima Kuroda

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:02 am

Naka blinked and her eyes almost bugged out of her eyes. "Where's your arm?!"

==============
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:18 am

Midori smirked a little, finding it amusing that she hadn't noticed sooner. The woman looked away from her for a moment, she didn't know if she wanted to go into detail about that encounter,
"An enemy ninja cut it off during a mission.. About a minute later I buried my tanto up to the hilt into his eye."

She smirked a little,
"That was satisfying.. Even though I was bleeding to death by the end of it," The woman smiled, motioning with her other hand so that Naka would take that one instead,
"Now you understand the other reason why I didn't want you to tug on my sleeve too hard,"
Back to top Go down
Nakashima Kuroda
Admin
Nakashima Kuroda

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:27 am

"Oh my goodness..." Naka was awed and held onto Midori's other hand. She wasn't grossed out, though. "So you connected the arteries and veins to shorter versions of the original course so that the blood pumps like normal but the rate or is slower, since there's less area in need of blood?" Naka guessed. "Ooh, I know someone who lost a heart."

==============
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:47 am

"I know plenty of people who have lost their hearts.." Midori responded in a joking fashion shaking her head, "And honestly I don't know what the people who treated it did.." She responded, gripping Naka's hand softly, her palm was very solid and somewhat rough, considering it did most, if not everything that two arms needed to do.

She looked aside to her, grinning again,
"I've lived with one arm since I was only a few years older than you. I'm too used to it. I found meaning in pushing through the pain, then getting over the difficulty." Midori shrugged and sighed, "now I barely notice its gone sometimes, except when I get self-conscious around other people."
Back to top Go down
Nakashima Kuroda
Admin
Nakashima Kuroda

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:00 pm

"Ooh, sounds like a great challenge," Naka said, nodding for no reason. "You know, sometimes it takes more than just medic skills to heal a wound." She smiled and held Midori's hand with two hearts. "My heart was ripped out and blown into a million pieces. Yet here I am."

==============
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:47 pm

[With two hearts? lol ewwww]

"I don't think I even want to know how you survived that," Midori replied, a concerned look on her face as she chuckled, "You're full of surprises, kid," She added, walking on with her, the very thought of her own heart exploding sounded like death, no matter what, she couldn't imagine the process that let Naka survive what should have been ultimate fatality.

She looked in the direction of where the hospital would be, though it was still quite a distance,
"So what else do you get up to around here?"
Back to top Go down
Nakashima Kuroda
Admin
Nakashima Kuroda

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:42 pm

(Oops! I meant two hands XD )

"Mostly I eat ramen or watch clouds. Sometimes I take naps and then do volunteer work. I wanna help the women in labor. Pregnancy is...ow," she said, wincing as she remembered.

==============
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May the Chibi be with you.   May the Chibi be with you. Empty

Back to top Go down

May the Chibi be with you.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next