Naruto Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fish Chase

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Fish Chase Empty
PostSubject: Fish Chase   Fish Chase EmptySun May 31, 2009 5:40 pm

OOC: Well, I thought about it, so I'm posting it.

Laut was walking on the forest outside of Konoha. While usually he would jump from tree to tree, this time he couldn't. Using a rope, he was pulling on a cart that had a glass aquarium on it. The aquarium was 4 feet tall, 4 feet wide, and 4 feet long. In it there was one of Laut's lanturn fish, but this one was big, around a 3 foot radius. Laut was trying hard to pull it all the way to the river.

The fish roared. Laut looked back and said, "Well, you are the one who wanted to go outside! For now, just think of the small tank as a punishment for misbehaving earlier. Besides, I think swimming in the river will do you a lot of good."

The fish pouted. Eventually, Laut made it to the river, right next to the waterfall. As soon as it was close enough, the fish jumped out of the tank and into the river. Laut jumped in too.

"You see, Melanie? Isn't this nice?" asked Laut.

Melanie, the fish, smiled and began jumping around. Suddenly, Melanie grabbed Laut's arm using her extremely large teeth and tossed him out of the river.

Laut glared at her and said, "Hey! What do you think you are doing?!"

The fish gave a naughy grin and began swimming down river.

"Come back here!" shouted Laut as he began running after her from land.

OOC: With teeth as bad as Melanies, she can either bite or grab with them. Laut had to use that cart because he can't summon fish that big and strong yet.
Anyway, How easy do you guys think it'll be to trap and defeat a Nin-fish? Have fun! pirat
Back to top Go down

Fish Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Chase   Fish Chase EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 12:39 am

Kenji hadn't had any luck in the village so he began to explore the surrounding woods. He came across a river and bent down to take a drink. He looked up and saw a leaf shinobi running toward him along the riverbank. Maybe he could get some information out of him. Then Kenji noticed a ripple in the water a little farther ahead of the ninja. He squinted and could just make out the form of a fish, which Tht ninja appeared to be chasing. As the ninja ran past him he had the idea that if he helped him catch this fish, he might give him some information. Kenji took off after the fish as well.
Back to top Go down

Fish Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Chase   Fish Chase EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 7:22 am

Laut managed to get pass the fish. She began to jump as she swam, so Laut took several metal string rolls. He held them as if they were yoyos and focused his Chakra on them.

He waited for a chance and as soon as Melanie jumped out of the water, she sent the rolls towards her. The rolls were moving around the fish when suddenly she began to spit a single stream of water towards the edge of the river. The stream touched the ground at the same time the metal touched her, and at that moment, the rolls fell into the river as if nothing were controlling them anymore.

Melanie fell back into the river and turned around to face Laut when she noticed another Ninja approaching. She jumped out of the water and spun around while spitting out water with force. She water hit Laut and he was pushed back into a nearby tree. The water also headed towards that Kenji.

OOC: Hmm...doesn't this give the impression that Melanie knows more about Laut's techniques than he knows about hers?
Back to top Go down

Fish Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Chase   Fish Chase EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 12:00 pm

Shoot! "Salamander style: Wind release!" Kenji formed the dragon hand sign and blew out of it. An immense gust of wind came forth form his interlocked fingers and blew away the approaching jets of water.

Hmmm, that's a cleaver fish... Kenji jumped into the air and shot a bolt of lightning into the water, hoping to stun the fish. At the exact moment the lightning hit the water, the angler leapt out to avoid the danger. Kenji fell from the air and landed in the water. This should do the trick. Thunder and Lightning! Kenji was underwater as he stretched his arms out away from his body, gathering the remaining electricty in the water. He clapped his hands together to create a large shockwave that made most of the water in the river fly up into the air.
Back to top Go down

Fish Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Chase   Fish Chase EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 12:18 pm

OOC: There's a reason Laut didn't use his own Lightning Search Jutsu

Melanie moved her glowing lure forward and jumped along with the river. The electricity was suddenly absorbed by the angler which released the electricy as a continous blinding glow.

Laut couldn't see anything but that light. Wait...why is that light lasting so long? I know that one. She's not getting me with that thought Laut as he moved towards the fish. He then took a kunai and tossed it straight towards her. The Kunai hit, but besides the scratch, it only made her mad. She spun around again releasing the stream of water again. Laut heard the sound of it and ducked to dodge it.

OOC: The Continous Light is a Genjutsu. The light shouldn't last that long at that strenght you see. The blinding Genjutsu makes the victims see just the light. While inside the Genjutsus they may be running away from, towards the light, or any direction really, outside the Genjutsu they are actually walking towards Melanie's teeth everytime they move. Deep Sea Anglerfish do attract fish with their glowing lure in real life after all, so, this is a plausible Genjutsu for the Naruto world.
Back to top Go down
Shuji
Genin
Shuji

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Fish Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Chase   Fish Chase EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 12:23 pm

OOC: nice genjutsu
Back to top Go down

Fish Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Chase   Fish Chase EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:23 am

Where is all this light coming from? Wait could this be a genjutsu? Kenji concentrated on stopping the flow of chakra to his brain. "Release!" Suddenly he was standing at the edge of he river. Hmmm, well obviously lightning won't work so... "Water release: water senbon!" Suddenly water form the river rosu into the air and formed hundreds of senbon, which hurled themselves at Melanie.
Back to top Go down

Fish Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Chase   Fish Chase EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 12:54 pm

Melanie was falling, so all she could do was brace herself. Her scales made a good defense, but they couldn't protect her from all those senbon.

Laut grabbed a couple of shuriken, focused his chakra on them and tossed the at Melanie. The shuriken also hit and the fish roared in pain. She fell back in the water and turned belly side up.

Laut was shocked as he didn't want to kill her. He jumped into the water and swam towards her.

He put his hand on her and said with worry, "Melanie...Melanie!"

Suddenly, the fish flipped right side up again and smiled. She began doing some coughing sounds.

"What?! What do you mean that was good exercise?!" shouted Laut.

The fish kept doing those coughing sounds.

"I guess, it can get boring if you spar with the same fish everyday. Alright, take a break, swim around, but you are in trouble when you get back home," said Laut.

Melanie swam happily up river and rested near the waterfall.

Laut looked up towards that other Ninja and said, "Hey, Thanks for the assist! ...Who are you, by the way?"
Back to top Go down

Fish Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Chase   Fish Chase EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 3:00 pm

Kenji smiled back at the ninja in a cordial manner and walked up to him. First impressions are very important, after all. "Yeah, anytime. My name's Masaru Kenji. I'm a cloud ninja. I'm... investigating the death of a fellow ninja. His name is Genichi Kaita. Do you have any information about him? He died sparing in the mountains slightly east of the village. He looked like his death was due to a fatal knife wound. This." Kenji handed the paper that read Doku to Laut, "was laying on the... corpse."
Back to top Go down

Fish Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Chase   Fish Chase EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Laut suddenly looked as if he were in pain and struggled to get out of the water. He sat next to Kenji and said, "Yes...Genichi...I remember him. I didn't gather much from him, but I know he was trust worthy... ...I...I was there when he died...he did not die sparing..."
Back to top Go down

Fish Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Chase   Fish Chase EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 3:32 pm

Now Laut really had his attention. "Y-you were there when he died!? Who was it!? What is Doku!? ... I'm sorry. He was just... we were very close friends. Please" Kenji looked directly at Laut, "I need to know everything."[/i]
Back to top Go down

Fish Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Chase   Fish Chase EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Laut sighed and kept looking down. Suddenly, he stretch his hand towards Kenji's neck, but only neared his index towards it without touching it.

"Alright, I guess I can tell you what happened," said Laut.

Still showing signs of pain, he struggle to say this story.

"I met him on that very same day I was headed to the mountains for some meditation. He was being attacked by clones, or so it seemed. It turned out to be a Genjutsu, but Genichi used up lots of chakra on that battle..."

Laut stood quiet for a few seconds then continued.

"It started raining so we headed to a cave where we ran into some friends of mine, but also into this rogue Ninja named Shuji. He didn't seem trust worthy from the start. He kept acting like it everyone around was worthless. Still, he told us something about the "end of the Leaf". When he told us about this group he was forming called Doku...I think he said it meant Poison."

Laut then stared at the paper Kenji was holding.

"Genichi then commented that we were all alies, but Shuji didn't agree. He laughed at the idea. After that, they two began to fight. I was there, gathering information for a Jutsu that could have stopped Shuji completely. Still, before I could complete the Jutsu... ... ...Genichi just didn't have enough chakra to fight...Shuji took his life in that battle right before my eyes..."

Laut began to shake in pain as he finished that sentence.
Back to top Go down

Fish Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Chase   Fish Chase EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 12:39 am

Shuji... That name sounds familiar... Kenji then noticed that Laut was shaking uncontrollably. "Hey, uh, thanks. That was... wow. You saw the whole thing, huh? Here," Kenji said, puting his hand on Laut's shoulder, "this might make you a bit more comfortable." Suddenly Lauts slothes began to steam and in no time they were completely dry. "This guy, Shuji, con you give me a desdription of him? What kind of jutsu were you making to counter him?"
Back to top Go down

Fish Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Chase   Fish Chase EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 2:20 pm

"Hey, Why don't you come into the village with me, you look like you could use some Ramen." Kenji said, standing up. "There is a place to eat here, right?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fish Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Chase   Fish Chase Empty

Back to top Go down

Fish Chase
Page 1 of 1