Naruto Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Recluse
Genin
Recluse

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-05-02

Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) Empty
PostSubject: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptySun May 08, 2011 4:51 am

The long silence was broken only by a chorus of bugs. The soft buzzing a slight annoyance to the wondering spider. The hybrid focused only on the waters surface, concentrating hard. He could feel them swimming and splashing just out of reach. Their scalely bodies mocking him with their deliciousness. Fish was on the menu today it was only the matter of catching them that was the problem. Out in a littl rivers bend Recluse was making the most out of the warm summers day. Having stripped out of his usual thick and flowing robes he was down to only his hands and a slimming silk shirt. His extra set of arms held away with chakra and looked just as human as everyone else. His long, white hair braided to be kept out of his face.

Legs spread and patiently he waited for one of the slippery creatures to move in close. Yes this would be easier if he used his webbing like normal... He liked the challenge. And he couldn't use a fishing rod to save his life.
Back to top Go down
warpedspacex
Genin
warpedspacex

Number of posts : 628
Registration date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:13 am

Stagnant puddles of swamp water and tall blades of grass dripping with rain from last night's shower made this Sunagakure kunoichi cringe grudgingly. Mika detested the dampness of Kusagakure. She felt as if a layer of slime had coated itself on her skin and fermented. Lucky for her, she had been in this environment for the past week because of a mission the Kazekage urged her to go on.

"Damn Kazekage, always understating these ridiculous missions..." She grumbled to herself as she waded through a mucky pit of gruel and mire. Just as she was lifting her leg, one of her long black boots got swallowed up into the mud, restricting her movement. "Oh come on!" Mika hissed, tugging on her leg, looking out beyond the towering stalks and spotting a lovely river.
Back to top Go down
Recluse
Genin
Recluse

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:28 am

Alaric had set up invisible trip wires all along the grassy area. Mostly they were set up to warn him if a predatorial animal was coming, such if a bear of wild cat. Not used to these lands, a stranger with no home. Feeling several of the thin strands snap. Someone was nearing him. But he made it seem like he didn't care.... up until he heard her coming. Loosing his opertunity to snag up a large trout. Their bodies were just too slippery to get a hold of.

He stood up, groaning as he felt his back crack. Hunched over so so long could do that too you. Once he felt his back evened out he looked about for the source of the noise. Any of more of it would ruin his fishing. But a human would make for an interesting dinner guest, if he could them. Wading throng the shallow waters and keeping his eyes peeled... though he had a good idea where she was coming from.
Back to top Go down
warpedspacex
Genin
warpedspacex

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:59 am

Pulling hard on her leg, she finally freed herself... but not her boot. There lay her shoe, sinking deeper into the gooey silt as her bare foot collided with the puddle of mud. "Great..." Mika sighed frustratingly, taking a hold of the garment and hauling it out. And out it came with a loud plop noise along with a splatter of the brown ooze.

She didn't even react to this, clutching her boot, she slouched away with her soiled clothes, a sullen pout tainting her face. A flurry of curses were emitted under her breath as she stomped through the grass, making her way to the river's edge to wash off.
Back to top Go down
Recluse
Genin
Recluse

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:44 am

"If you were any louder..." Recluse had used her moments of silently cursing herself to move in close. His natural sneaking abilities let him make no sound... and it wasn't like he really had to seeing as all her stomping and splashing drowned out all other noise. Beaming her a wide smile, though he managed to get in close he was still giving her personal space. His fangs hidden beneath wide silk that gave the perfect illusion of just white and gleaming teeth. "I'm sorry to be so rude but you, uh, scared away my dinner." Pointing to the now empty riverbank. All the fish, big and small, were scattered or moved to deeper water where it would be harder to find.

"I mean no rudeness, but, you look like you could use a moment to relax." Thinking of saying, you look like crap, would be very rude.
Back to top Go down
warpedspacex
Genin
warpedspacex

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptySun May 08, 2011 2:05 pm

Mika's pointed ears perked up at the noise of a voice sounding beside her. She turned her disheveled visage to face a man of no more than 20 years of age with a radiating smile and piercing violet eyes. A peculiar air was given off by this fellow with the glowing grin to which she responded curiously.

"I apologize greatly for being such a disturbance" She replied, approaching the river bank and plopping herself on the ground. "And yea...I know I look like shit. No need to sugar coat it," Mika spoke, looking back at the stranger with her troubled and bedraggled face. Her telltale smirk broke out on her lips and a chuckle escaped her, "Ahhhaaaa, This is ridiculous... God damn. Im sorry. I've been out in this hell hole hungry, humid, and hysterical for the past week so please excuse my slight insanity." Mika got back up and took off the other boot along with her coat, vest, and waterproof pants. She dived into the river in her fishnet undershirt and black shorts, surfacing minutes later to face the man.
Back to top Go down
Recluse
Genin
Recluse

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptySun May 08, 2011 5:52 pm

The spider rose a brow to her comment. More surprised she wasn't outright angry with him for sneaking up on her. Nor did he expect her to strip down and dive into the water. Watching her with a odd sort of curiosity that was out of the usual. He glanced around, he couldn't feel anyone else around and none of his other traps were set off. "Are you alone?" Her lack of company and mention of being out here, aimless and hungry reminded him of his own lack of direction and hunger...Not that he'd eat someone he found... interesting. But the hybrid knew shinobi, theses from big villages especially, traveled in packs commonly. Trying to dine on one would be troublesome.

The slight dip in the water did help, or so he thought. With the water cascading down her face and the light catching it just right he could tell she was very pretty... but lacked any social skills to say so without being rude or crude. And given his mixed genetics he was usually otherwise immune to human charm. Changing the subject quick after he had asked her if she was alone. "I was in an attempt to catch something for dinner. Shoulder I get lucky enough you are more then welcome to join me." Now if only the fish would return. He was terrible at this without the use of his webbing and with someone watching he really couldn't now.
Back to top Go down
warpedspacex
Genin
warpedspacex

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:52 am

"Alone, I am," The kunoichi replied, swimming back up to the river bank and hoisting herself up onto land. " I don't really fancy company when out on missions. I prefer working as a one man band. No need to worry about whining companions," She continued as she squeezed the excess water from her mahogany locks. Mika usually would never have been so open or friendly to a stranger. Especially not one who decided to sneak up behind her. But, the situation made her so airy and carefree she was starting to do what otherwise might be considered the unthinkable.

Copper eyes looked directly back at the man, "Dinner sounds heavenly," She sighed, getting back up on her bare feet. "Oh, how silly of me. You must think me some sort of ruffian. I'm Mika Anzai. And you are?" She replied, holding out a hand.
Back to top Go down
Recluse
Genin
Recluse

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:02 am

Keeping himself in line was becoming harder and harder. Learning she was in fact alone only spurred on his primal, animalistic hunger. A predators curse. But he could be a good boy, Recluse had more selfcontrol then a beast and more elegance then a human man. Inclining his head to her as she gave up her name and held out her hand. He couldn't hesitate, hesitation would be bad and mean something was wrong. He knew some of the basic human customs at least... He took her hand and leaned down to plant a soft kiss on the back of her palm. By lowering himself rather then bringing the hand to his lips it would hopefuls give her a sense of dominance and keep her relaxed. "A lovely name. I go..." he figured they were alone so giving up his real name shouldn't be a problem. "Its Alaric." No last name. He wasn't blessed with keeping his old one.

"As for dinner I will need some time in acquiring the fish." Releasing her hand. "If you can excuse me." Turning and diving into the deeperwaters. Vanishing beneath the ripping waves. There she wouldn't be able to see him and his art of catching his fish. A quick and deadly bite to end their lives and make their struggles less troublesome.
Back to top Go down
warpedspacex
Genin
warpedspacex

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:11 pm

" Thank-you. A pleasure it is to meet you Mr. Alaric," Mika replied in a cordial manner. Although she had been acting out of the ordinary, the Sunagakure native wasn't completely out of her mind. She always had a good feel of persona, as she was usually very capable of easily sensing out the intentions of others. But, this fellow appeared to be one of those unlucky few that confused her. Her perceptive compass had reached a magnetic field of sorts.

Deciding to forget about this preoccupation, she shoved it back into the recesses of her mind as she came to the conclusion that he was genuinely a kindly natured being. She watched as he plunged into the body of water, as she had once before, and disappeared under the surface. 'Where'd he go?' Mika thought, craning her neck and straining her eyes in hopes of seeing at least a silhouette.

Back to top Go down
Recluse
Genin
Recluse

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:05 pm

The spider was under the water for well over five minutes. Moving quick and was nothing more then a shadow under the water. Diving in and out of both the deep and shallow end. By the time he resurfaced he was holding up several limp fishy body. His white hair clinging to his face. His dark skin glistening in the sunlight as water rolled down his silky and wet clothes.

"Well dinner is on." Now it was the matter of descaling the food items and grilling them. "I hope you don't mind the wait while I cook."
Back to top Go down
warpedspacex
Genin
warpedspacex

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:43 pm

Mika caught sight of an approaching shadow and the sudden disturbance of the water's former placid state as Alaric reappeared, their dinner in hand. His silvery white hair contrasted greatly with his darker complexion, the dripping water on his skin diffracting the solar beams giving him a chastising glow. This halo of natural light, ironically enough, portrayed this stranger as if he were some sort of godly savior. Probably her savior from starvation.

"I don't mind. In fact, I can help. I know how to descale," Mika said, pulling out her handy tanto from its pouch. "Or would you prefer me to get some firewood for the grill?" She suggested.
Back to top Go down
Recluse
Genin
Recluse

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:07 pm

Recluse used a moment to shaking the water from his hair before wading through the water toward the riverbank. Stepping onto the moist ground, feeling better to be on some soils ground. Spiders weren't so great sin the water he was just lucky enough to have the human aspect. Giving her a slight smile when she offered to help him. Really he didn't like making the mess that would be required to clean the fish and was more then willing to offer it to her. Holding the fish out for her to take.

"Please, if you don't mind. I lack any sort of blade. It'd be much easier since you're properly equipted." Hey if the female wanted to get her hands dirty then let her go crazy! Rinsing his hands in the water before he bid her a farewell to gather wood to make a fire pit. Forgetting his long silk robes that hung in the tree nearby... not that he would need them. The sun would dry him out soon enough.
Back to top Go down
warpedspacex
Genin
warpedspacex

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Mika nodded and took the meal as the male ran off into the tall grass to collect some twigs and branches for the fire. Sitting herself on a warm flattened stone, back turned in the direction that Alaric went off into, she began to drag her blade down the outside of the fish, thin layers of shining scales and fins beginning to shred off like butter. She sank the tip of her knife into its spine and pulled out the connected vertebrae, leaving it in a pile beside her.

The beams of light heated her skin and damp underclothes, sending a chill down her bones. She tied her cinnamon colored hair in a bun, leaving her bare neck exposed to the rays as she continued working. The kunoichi didn't really mind descaling the slimy creatures. She cautiously peeled them of the unwanted exterior layer, being careful not to slice her own self in the process.
Back to top Go down
Recluse
Genin
Recluse

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Finding wood was actually alot harder in a land more known for its wide expanse of grassland. It'd take him some time before he felt he collected enough wood to make a decent sized fire. In his search he did happen to cross a rabbit hole. He could feel it, beneath his bare feet, the heartbeat of the hiding beast. His natural instinct drawing him in close. In his minds eye he could see himself obtaining a side snack before the fish was ready... but with company he'd have to be civil. Cursing his luck he headed back.

Several meters away, still in the tall grass, he watched her. Yes her back was turned to him but it wasn't her form he was so interested in. Well, half and half. She looked so caught up in her work she would make such an easy target. Even her neck exposed and beneath the skin was warm blood pulsing... no! He could be a good boy, would be! Licking his lips, feeling his heart race in his chest to suppress his urges. Approaching her quietly, eyes still never leaving her. Still his mind wondered to dark places... envisioning himself sinking his teeth into the flesh. Damn he was twisted. Turning his back to her and taking a few awkward paces to the side he draped the wood and began to make a fire.
Back to top Go down
warpedspacex
Genin
warpedspacex

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:07 am

The light pounding of nearly noiseless footsteps began to sound as what she expected to be Alaric approaching from behind. Tilting her head to the side where the noise suddenly ceased she saw him sit down, back turned, beginning to make the fire.

Peeling off the last strip of scales, she unfolded her legs and took the fish to the waters edge, cleaning away any remaining unwanted particles from the fillets as well as her hands. Mika placed the raw fish on a stone, walking up to the male with the rock in hand like some sort of platter, "Here they are". She crouched down next to him and placed the food beside her. "I left the heads intact just incase you liked it that way. If you don't I could just cut them off," She spoke, her large eyes intrigued with the igniting sparks of a tiny ember.

Last edited by warpedspacex on Tue May 10, 2011 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Recluse
Genin
Recluse

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:24 am

In the short amount of time he had managed to dig a deep enough hole to toss a few dry sticks into to start the blaze. Creating a cone of sorts with several of the larger sticks. The once tiny embers sparked into a roaring fire in no time. How he had done it he showed no signs. It didn't matter did it? So long as she didn't ask any questions. Accepting the stone and thanking for for what looked like great work. This didn't seem like her first time. "You are very talented. I only regret not being able to spice them up aside from their natural flavoring." Which he really hated.

Skewering one of his catch on a stick and placing it over the fire. Then taking a second and doing the same. The other end placed in the ground for leverage and so he could keep his hands free. All the while he kept his eyes down, avoiding her gaze to both avoid any more conflicting thoughts and so she wouldn't have to deal with his bizarre eye coloration. He wasn't so good with small talk either... but he tried! "Would it be too much to ask... what it is you're doing out here?"
Back to top Go down
warpedspacex
Genin
warpedspacex

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptyTue May 10, 2011 12:01 pm

"Thanks. I cook when I have the time back at home so I have much of the basics down-packed," She replied, eyes still fixated on the moving flames. She really did enjoy the crackling noise of the fire paired with the melodic hum of the river running beside them. In fact, for a moment she seemed to space out, lost in the sounds and feeling of the extraneous world.

Zoning back in, Mika shook her head, "Oh no, it's not at all. Basically, I'm out here doing some investigative work on the movement of a certain group of individuals who are in some way affiliated with my village. No big deal. I've already reported the required information they were seeking so I'm practically done. I of course just wasn't told where this would take place until after I was signed up for the task. If I had known I'd be in these marshlands I would never have accepted," She sighed, pulling her hair out from the bun and massaging her skull.
Back to top Go down
Recluse
Genin
Recluse

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptyTue May 10, 2011 12:30 pm

Recluse was just as transfixed on the flame but for other reasons. It helped clear his mind and kept it from drifting off to dark places. Place that rose the moment he looked away to gaze at her. Admiring the feminine curves of her face and the sheen in her hair. Mostly it was her fair looking skin and the power he could feel from her... it was a challenge to him. A challenge to keep himself inline. Having the oddest urge to run his fingers through her hair. He rarely had a chance to get close to other humans.

Undoing his own hair, the long and tightly woven braid was loosened from his diving and wading in the water. Figuring making himself look presentable would be good... right? Despite his lack of contact he liked being up-kept and took pride in his looks. Perhaps more vain then he wanted to beleive... which was just a few of the human traits he held. Unraveling his hair the great mess of it spilling out and pulling down to the ground. It was a perfect as newly spun silk.

"It must be nice... to be apart of something bigger then yourself." He mentioned idly. Combing his long, skilled fingers through his ivory white locks. At this moment he looked more childish then a young man in his twenties. Using his long hair as a security blanket of sorts. He envied the shinobi, ninja with homes and a standing.
Back to top Go down
warpedspacex
Genin
warpedspacex

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptyTue May 10, 2011 1:17 pm

"Uhm, I guess you could say that. I do love going out on missions and the adrenaline rush of battle, but a lot of the time I find myself drifting off and thinking about how great it would be to rove the lands. A nomad; traveling from place to place and seeing all that the planet has to offer. Distance myself from the masses and live modestly," Mika spoke vividly, melancholic undertones present in her voice.

"This is all just an unattainable reverie, of course. I'll never amount to anything like that. Oh well," She muttered with a shrug. Her eyes usually the hue of smelted copper dulled greatly, glassing over blandly, "How about yourself? Do you mind telling me what you're doing out here?"
Back to top Go down
Recluse
Genin
Recluse

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptyTue May 10, 2011 1:31 pm

The spider hid his shock well behind a masked smile. His eyes were still as bright and warming as ever. His expression barely changing as he spoke up. "Sometimes it's not as charming as it seems. Freedom that is." It was what he had, all the freedom in the world to travel and be out of place. But it was a curse, it was against his will. No land would accept a freak without a price that needed to be paid. Oh his price of freedom was his unrelenting hunger. Speaking of hunger he checked on the fish... turning them to even out the cooking process.

"I would trade places with you in a heartbeat." He murmured. "And I'm sure your friends and family would miss you. But you do look the part of a free spirit." When she asked about himself he looked up at her with big, violet eyes. A wide smile on his face while his fangs were still well hidden. "I'm just a wondering tailor. I create fine silk clothing and travel to sell my wears to whomever wishes to purchase it. It is a busy job."
Back to top Go down
warpedspacex
Genin
warpedspacex

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptyTue May 10, 2011 1:58 pm

Mika simpered, the sides of her rosy lips perking up into a kind smile. "A free spirit, huh? Ha, thats interesting. And I'm sure they'd wonder about me, but they're only human after all, right? They'll move on. We all have to some time or another," She replied, directing her attention to his beguiling smile. Maybe it wasn't just the radiance of the afternoon sun that made this man seem to glow. Something about him beckoned her forward, enticing her to continue looking back. Was this all a trap? Nah, it couldn't be. if it was she would've detected it way before.

"Tailor you say? No wonder you dress so elegantly! Your robes show the craftsmanship of a true artist. They're lovely, really," The shinobi commented, reaching her hand out to touch the soft fabric of his garment. "Wow. Forget feathered beds, I'd love to sleep on that," She laughed light-heartedly, bringing her legs up to her chest, resting her head on her knees.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Chuunin
Xeno

Number of posts : 2181
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptyTue May 10, 2011 2:02 pm

(join?)
Back to top Go down
Recluse
Genin
Recluse

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptyTue May 10, 2011 2:13 pm

It was a natural talent of his, to incite curiosity and just overall... interest in the hybrid. A way to lure a meal into his grip. But he could really careless about it all. It was hard to care outside of his own well-being. But when he caught her gaze he found himself compelled to hold it for as long as he could. Mesmerizing by natural talent alone. It wasn't noticed at first they they were steadily getting closer.

It was when she reached out to touch his silk shirt he panicked. His body stiffened slightly till she pulled her hand back. The slightest blush in his cheeks. "Thank you... I do what I do best." Adjusting his top, looking back to the flames and his fish. The way she let her guard down like she was was driving him crazy. His mouth was watering, again imagining himself doing things that just weren't... human. "I... could see if I could come up with something. But I would need time." And if she stuck around long enough he'd offer up his robes for her... that was if he didn't scare her away. Reaching for the fish he plucked one up and offered it to her before taking his own. He didn't make eye contact. "Here.."

(If warped doesn't mind I guess.. )
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Chuunin
Xeno

Number of posts : 2181
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) EmptyTue May 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Xeno had been in the place for a little over a day. He had convinced the Hokage of Konoha to make a ninja genin. But that came at a cost, he was to meet a sand shinobi in this grass village. He had no idea why. But he tied the headband on his upper arm and continued looking for her until something snagged his attention. The smell of fish cooking. His stomach growled. Well thats a vote for find a meal. With that Xeno followed the smell until he arrived at a small clearing near a river and saw two people sitting next to a campfire. They faced the opposite direction. Xeno walked over slowly, trying not to draw attention, when he felt something brush against his leg. Xeno looked down but didn't see the weblike wire he had snapped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)   Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Shh, you'll scare the fish! (open)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next